Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Grandfather Mountain Highland Games

Yes, I have survived the 4-day weekend. I felt surprisingly, OK, until we headed home Sunday evening. Then it hit me, WOW, was I tired! Every thing stayed in the car overnight, except the make-up case with the bedtime pills. In the driveway at 9:30, crawling into bed at 9:38.
But, in all, we had a great time! I got to see friends I hadn't seen in a couple of years, and some even longer.
The Clan had missed GMHG for a few years, when the previous commissioner resigned, and it had been noticed. Several other clans and several GMHG officials came up to me, and said they were glad Clan Scott was back on the mountain.
Past-chieftain Clark Scott bought a chain-saw carved bear, and caught a lot of ribbing over having a bear seat belted in his back seat. Clan Scott is a fun bunch, who else do you know that would do this. Oh, yes, my former boss at Mae's Fabric - her husband did the same thing the first day of their two week vacation. OK, I know some wild & crazy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment